April Gonzales, Executive Director of Casa de Vida, is pleased to announce two newly appointed board members, Kerry Sutherland and Lisa Zaccheo, will serve on the Casa de Vida Board for the 2012-2013 term.
“We look forward to having Lisa and Kerry join the Casa de Vida Board,” Gonzales said. “They are each great community and philanthropic leaders and will bring valuable knowledge and insight to our Board and initiatives in the coming year.”
Kerry Sutherland is Principal of K. Sutherland PR, a boutique public relations and marketing agency with offices in Reno, NV and Irvine, CA specializing in healthcare, travel, lifestyle and corporate communications.
In addition to her role as wife and mother of four, Lisa Zaccheo is a part-time instructor at the University of Nevada, Reno teaching Early Childhood Literacy.
Casa de Vida is a private, nonprofit corporation providing a home and support services for pregnant young women. While some teens facing a crisis pregnancy have the support of a loving family, many others are less fortunate. They are frightened, disillusioned, and often without a safe place to live. Casa de Vida is a place to call home for any young woman facing this difficult situation. Casa de Vida offers:
- A residence for pregnant young women with a live-in housemother.
- A semi-independent, transitional living home for parenting young women and their infant children.
- An on-site, fully accredited Adult Education program – offered in partnership with the Washoe County School District.
- Case management services provided by our licensed, professional social worker for our clients and any other pregnant and parenting woman in the community.
- Individual and group counseling provided by a licensed behavioral healthcare professional.
- Parenting, budgeting, nutrition, and child development classes.
- Assistance in completing educational goals and finding jobs, childcare, and permanent housing.
- An emphasis on the value and dignity of each client.
- A Baby’s Closet that provides free infant clothing, diapers, formula and baby equipment for our clients and those in need throughout our community.
Learn more at www.casadevidareno.org